Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped buy to see the gun with release trigger did not shoot it yet will shoot it on Wed. My friend ordered one 3 weeks ago came in today so they are delivering guns. They are coming out with a Youth or Ladies model with a 27 inch barrel I would really like to shoot that one. I am looking forward to shooting this on 30 inch on Wed.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
i looked at the youth model. If feels REALLY NICE. even a bit front light. They said the barrel is 4 inches shorter and the stock shorter. I talked about a regular stock with a short barrel. Might be a nice gun. motordoc

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Something about the idea of a $7000 "youth shotgun" sort of makes me uncomfortable and a little bit nauseous. Just my 2 bits, don't intend to offend. gyrine,

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
7000$ would be cheap for some of the kids shooting today. Look at all the kids shooting 18000$ k guns with custom wood that runs 2 to 5 k.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I looked at their sample gun yesterday here at the Dixie Grand. I came away very impressed. It's a new concept for an auto loading gun and it's very well made. The parts are all machined and they have even used carbon fiber to reduce weight while increasing the strength. It is not front heavy like many autoloaders. To call this gun a $7,000 autoloader is really unfair. Autoloaders have traditionally been designed to be a hunting gun which made them meet a low price target. The target models that are then derived from these guns are essentially "dressed up" hunting guns. The Butler on the other hand has been designed to be a competition gun that happens to be an autoloader with the recoil reduction benefits from the auto action. It's designed to handle the large numbers of rounds target shooters typically fire. I would say calling this gun a well designed and built $7,000 competition gun that happens to be an autoloader would be more appropriate.

It sounds like their production is now ramping up nicely after their move to Utah. One of my friends here at the Silver Dollar will be getting his tomorrow.

Mark Zauhar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.