Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried LED on a bunker trap field? We are putting in a bunker this summer in Alaska. A lot of the year we are shooting under the lights. Preferably, we would like to mount lights on the shooting stand cover vs poles. Any leads or ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
632 Posts
First let me define bunker roof. For the purpose of this discussion the roof is the one covering the shooting stations not the trap house roof.

I saw some fields in Italy that had lights on top of the bunker roof. I have not been able to find any photos or videos of these fields. I agree with you you would be better off to put the lighting on the roof. Bunker is shot on angles that are twice as wide as ATA and at longer distances so lighting is entirely different. The targets are lower so having the lighting lower could be important.

I have seen some youtube videos of bunker shooting at night but have been unable to find them again.

T

·
Registered
627 Posts
Contact Willa Walla Creek in Texas. The Weger family. I understand they put used stadium lights on top of the shooting stand roof of their bunker and it worked well.

Chuck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
632 Posts
Bunny boots. Great that you are using great traps and a good control system and not the Promatic stuff. this is what we have in Gainesville and have had very little problems. While you are at it you might insure you get all the goodies such as the back up button on the microphones and the computer output for scoring,

T

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am digging back into my memory bank about lights for a bunker as I think we asked about it 20 years ago. I was informed that to meet international standards for a bunker we would need stadium lighting with 56 light units. It died before we got any further along the road as it would have blacked out the township at that time. We have just installed LED's on our 2 trap fields in the last week, but I have not yet had chance to try them out.
Devonian.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Those "on microphone" backup buttons (to repeat the exact same target/shot) are wonderful. Get them! You and all your shooters will absolutely love them! Shot timers are nice too.

Get all this stuff now, from the get-go, because, while adding it later is probably possible, you will have lost X years of training time, while trying to decide how to get things upgraded/retrofitted "after the fact."

If you wan to learn more about the best, fully automated, 24/7/365 bunker setup in the USA, look no further than Keystone Shooting Park. KSP is THE model. ~jcouch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts