Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the constant moving from station to station in olympic trap/bunker, are O/U guns allowed to keep a shell in the barrel when open if you get the bird on the first shot?

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is permissible to have shells in your open O/U when moving between stations 1 - 5. It is a Red Card (disqualification) safety violation to have a shell(s) in the gun when moving from station 5 to 1 -- just like it is in ATA/PITA. There is no warning/second chance with this: safety is taken extremely seriously.

The 2009 rules covering this are at www.issf.tv. In the upper left hand corner, click on rules. Warning: this is a 5mb (pdf)file. Alternatively, www.usashooting.com has it in a Microsoft Word file.

For a description on how a round is shot, see www.bunkershooting.com/tyro.html

- - Bill

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Ho boy...expect a lot of crap on this (but it's true). Now before everybody gets started...remember the question was posed for BUNKER...not ATA, and not "your individual club."

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Generally, Bunker is shot by experienced shooters. The rule allows a shell in an open gun as stated in an earlier post.

When in Rome,,,,,

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have shot Bunker since i moved to Israel in 1974.

I did find it strange to move from stations 1-5 with a shell in the unfired chamber. But by now thats the way I do it like everyone else.

Of course station 5 move t0 1 empt chambers.

Thats the way they do it...natural now.

Back in NA have to remeber its differant.

MIKE

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bunkerguy is NOT correct that ATA & PITA rules are the same as bunker. Gun must be empty when moving between any stations/posts. For singles and handicap shooter can only load 1 shell.

Jason

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bryce,

I didn't realise that when shooting DTL in New Zealand you moved position after every shot. I assumed you shot 5 from each stand & then moved - as they do for DTL in the UK & Ireland. Why do you think the rules in NZ changed? What about in Australia?

Bigdon,

The replies to the original post were reasonable answers to a question. I don't think anyone passed a comment about how much better or worse Olympic Trap is compared to ATA (or DTL for that matter).

ESMDHokie,

Back on subject - the same rules as regards changing position after each shot & cartridges in the OPEN gun when moving from 1 through to 5, also apply to Universal Trap (a 5 trap version of OT); Double Trap & ABT.

Regards
Russell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.