Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious question...

Pretend that you're going to build your own trap gun, ground up, anything you wanted, go wild or keep it simple, this is your gun, anything goes!

·
What squad am I on?
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DT-11 Trap combo with TSK stock (with all the whistles and bells). Thats my choice (bucket list entry)
So an adjustable rib unsingle combo with a highly adjustable stock...what else is it about the DT11 that fits your needs? Balance? The way the forend fills your hand? Anything particular?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Fixed Full Choke unsingle with no porting 34" combo with 32" o/u also no ports with chokes. Adjustable comb with real hardware and a super light and crisp trigger.

Reactions: Tron and WadHopper

·
What squad am I on?
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed Full Choke unsingle with no porting 34" combo with 32" o/u also no ports with chokes. Adjustable comb with real hardware and a super light and crisp trigger.
Fixed or adjustable rib?
Both barrels?

·
Registered
491 Posts
A Perazzi top single combo with the rib height of a DB81 but with 80/20 poi. Case hardened receiver.

fixed chokes around .15 and .25 on the O/U and .35 on the single. No porting, 3” chamber on the single.

Stock lock system. light English walnut with dark lines running through it.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
K-80 with a 32” top single. Fixed choke, no porting and adjustable rib. Custom stock similar to what I have now with one small tweak done to it. 30” over under barrels with adjustable rib and screw in chokes

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Plantation style engraving with highly figured furniture
Your going to have to buy a used one now!!! The guy who was engraving the Plantation grades retired last winter!!! So, I really doubt there are any new shotguns left in this engraving pattern. Sorry to be the one to tell you!!! PS I really liked the pattern myself.

My perfect shotgun is still sitting at Dupont, waiting on me. No, I don't like adj. ribs as well. They bend, and move when you don't want them too. Just something else to break and give you problems IMO. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
296 Posts
Interesting that about half are top singles, and a number of manufacturers don't even make one. I'm another one that can't shoot an unsingle. The gun I have now suits me just fine, KX6 not a special with a RAD

·
Registered
606 Posts
MX-10, Adjustable rib, 34, O/U,fixed choked .025 bottom, .035 top. Blued receiver and fitted glove grip stock. One gun for the trap disciplines. While I am dreaming,the ability and where with all to consistently run winning big scores..Lester

·
Registered
454 Posts
The MX-15 Unsingle I presently have . Monte Carlo, adjustable butt pad with Microcell, 14.3/8 LOP 18.7 bore fixed .030 choke, 6 point Adjustable rib , Adjustable comb, small palm swell with cast off in the stock and some pretty wood . Works real well for me.

·
Vendor
765 Posts
I did build one that I shot great and went back to it this year. It is a TM-1 with a full choke Ken Eyster barrel and a Dave Berlet rib. I put a TM-X Softtouch stock on it that lines up perfect with Dave's rib. It has a Kerry Allor release trigger and shoots 100% high.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'd be terrified that I couldn't shoot any "dream gun" I might order as well as I currently shoot my two Beretta DT10Xs.

As a compromise just to answer your question, I'd consider getting the receiver of one of my DT10Xs engraved with Tron wearing his crown on one side and Doc Bombay on the other ;).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
So an adjustable rib unsingle combo with a highly adjustable stock...what else is it about the DT11 that fits your needs? Balance? The way the forend fills your hand? Anything particular?
I had an Etchen 687 combo before I got the DT-11 and shooting the 11 is just "right". I can shoot it all day and for me there is no recoil. When I do my part (which has suffered lately) the gun just smokes the clay. With the TSK, you could have a good coach adjust every little adjustment and I think even I couldn't screw it up!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts