Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in at a dealer today and looked at new Buick Envision. 85% Parts China, Origin of Manufacturer China. Talked to the salesman. His comment was I can't believe that GM would manufacture their upper tier brand that sells to 50 + age group in China.

Guess the news clip that was accidental shown a year or so ago stated that by 20?? approximately 70% of all GM brands that would be sold in the US would be manufactured in CHINA.

Used the taxpayers bailout money to build new plants in China. Then stole the GM bond holders their investments.

NO SURPRISE FROM OBAMA MOTORS

Thank you Mr President

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
Buick has been a top selling car in China for years.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Crysler 200 I read is 100% made in China. And buy one of the car magazine is the worst car on the road. Personally I would buy one if it was the best car on the road.

·
Registered
15,424 Posts
Any GM
Product has been on my personal $hitlist for at least the past 8 years.

Reactions: Roger C

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
My dad was an engineer to build Buick City in MI. He watched it being built and watched it get tore down.

I grew up in a auto mfg'ing town that had multiple plant and only one remains and that plant is now owned by a Chinese company.

So very little auto manufacturing left in the U.S..

·
Premium Member
18,226 Posts
My mother had $20,000 in warrants on GM. When Captain muslin bailed them out, it went to zero. To hell with GM.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
It's interesting to see GM cars are made in China, while some Toyota, Honda, BMW, and Mercedes are made in U.S.

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
I find it interesting we had a poster here yesterday telling us how Democrats love unions, Republicans do not. When Obama "saved" GM, didn't a major portion of the ownership get taken over by the UAW? How is it then the decision to make cars in China by GM came about? I never have understood that fiasco.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
When the govt bailed them out one of the provisions was that the Feds would guarantee pension payments. The UAW got out from under the hundreds of millions of dollars of unfounded liabilities, giving the UAW a massive windfall. So much so they immediately went and spent another $7 million on their Black Lake retreat.

Another provision, get this, was that the UAW was to receive Union dues based on the number of current employees regardless of the real numbe of employees.

It sure is funny that private money went in to save many of the other troubled businesses and only the govt stepped in for the auto makers. With deals like that, no wonder the country is broke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts