Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is for our service experts: My '09 lucerne will occationally kick off the traction and stabilitrack systems when the brakes are applied. A friend had a similar problem with a GMC Acadia. He paid almost $500 for trouble-shooting and then was told to expect to pay another $3,500 to get it fixed. I understand that it only takes one stray pulse to shut down the system for thirty seconds or so. It doesn't happen often, the brakes have good pads, etc. Your thoughts? Ron

·
Supporting Vendor
9,954 Posts
You need to check trouble codes and follow the flow chart. That's the only way to resolve something like this.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought. I took it in for an oil change and asked them to do that. They came back with an average of 6 mm on the brake pads, no leaks in the assist and no trouble codes. Frustrating. Ron

·
Supporting Vendor
9,954 Posts
If you have no trouble codes, it's likely a mechanical issue. Something stupid like incorrect tire pressure, one slightly wrong sized tire (yep, seen that a few times), damaged abs sensor or mounting bracket, sloppy wheel bearing...etc.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing that baffles me is I can be setting at a traffic light with the brakes applied and the trouble lights come on. I appreciate your input. Hello to Kitty. Ron

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Start with the simplest solution to the problem, check tire air and make sure the PSI is equal all the way around. Has anyone been under the car for service? Check the wheel sensors for grease or damage of any kind. I'm assuming there are no DTC's if there are, follow the trouble tree for a resolution, many times magnetic pickup is dirty or grease, anyone have the wheels off recently? Try to get the issue to reappear and note the speed the weather the road conditions all helps with the diagnostics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts