Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new budget passed contains cuts in military retirement benefits. This is a despicable action by people who are supposed to represent us. Is there not one Congressman or Senator who would sponsor a proposal that any military pay cuts be matched equally to cuts in the pay of congress and the administration? The brave men and women who put lives on the line for these washington parasites have suffered enough. Present pay and retirement as promised should be left alone. Legislation for future pay adjustments could be passed but a promise is a promise and as an American citizen I feel betrayed and I think most of you on this website feel the same. ed

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
It is disgusting, I have never felt so betrayed by our elected a$$holes

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
trapperwads,

It is certainly unfortunate that Congress is breaking it's contract with current members of the military by reducing pensions retroactively.

The problem is Congress set the precedent many years ago and many times when it provided retroactive pay raises for all active military, retroactively offered medical services to all vets, and retroactively offered pensions for some non-career military vets. None of those programs were in place at the time the then current active military joined, but they received and accepted them. Having done it before, Congress feels that it is justified in doing it again.

catpower,

i know you will have an opinion about what I have written. Try to be civil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts