Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... the Buckeye classic is under way.. Who's coming ???

Liz and I are set up at the end of the vendor buildings, behind bank 7d (just look for the purple and green dragon) ... be sure to stop by and say HI

Jerry B.

Silent Treatment Hearing Protection and Enhancement

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I am here and not enjoying the wind yesterday. Hopefully today will be a little calmer and all the violent storms are done with.

Learned that Family Guy from the other site was looking for me but couldn't find me, didn't know I was still a topic of their discussions. Might be interesting to meet the man.

Have fun and keep shooting.

Don

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Don,

Look for a walking male private part rather than a man. Probably make the search much easier.

:smileeek:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The targets were tough yesterday. Only two 100's that I saw posted in the singles and only 9 scores of 95 or higher in the caps out of 264 shooters. I was excited to see that the singles and doubles were up 20% and the caps were up 10% vs last year's first day. Shot was down to $35 on the grounds. The new flag area North of the entry building is going to be beautiful. Good luck to everyone the rest of the week at the Buckeye!
Doug Allison

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
It is good to see attendance back up to the 2012 and 2013 levels.

I think weather was a factor on the Wednesday last year.

I expect they will pull strong numbers the rest of they way.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Everything looks great. It was good to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Brenner!! Roger you are working her to hard! Saw some new faces behind the breakfast counter early Wednesday, was happy to see the regulars there in the afternoon. Wish I could be there all week! Yes the wind made the targets kind of spicy . That 98 in the caps was outstanding. I hope everyone shoots good the rest of the week !! Glenn Allison

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Nobody? Nobody knows how the attendance was at the Buckeye?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thanks Dawg. Weather can be a bitch for those who are scared to get wet.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Kinda funny how the weather is no excuse for low attendance at the grand but it's a good excuse for an Ohio shoot.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
We shot our first 2 traps in the Championship handicap in a complete downpour and it was only 63 degrees.

Not exactly a pleasant experience. The weather forecast was ugly, and people left early. 120 squads.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Kinda funny how the weather is no excuse for low attendance at the grand but it's a good excuse for an Ohio shoot.
At age 67 I don't do rain either. What was fun 20 years ago is nothing but shear stupidity today. I'm not that hard up for a trinket. With a forecast like that I'd have headed back to PA too!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts