Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z5u_2bGPdUY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
About 15 years ago I built a hovercraft for the kids, I used a gas leaf blower and cut a circle out of some 1/2 cdx and used a tractor tire inner tube for the seal, surprised the $hit out of me it hovered pretty good, just had a problem with the steering on it, but they could get out on the grass and I could shove them they had a riot, but I never did come up with a navigational system that I wanted to spent the money on to make it work

They wanted me to shove them over to the pond so bad, but I didn't want to lose the leaf blower if and when it sunk

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Back in the mid 60's, I lived in a small town in Northern In., and a local gas station owner had a hover craft.

He would fire it up, and ride all over his lot, and on the side street, and it looked like fun.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
They have some very large hoover craft for the Marines. When my son was in the first Marines and First Tanks he got to drive the new hoover craft with 4 Abrams tanks on it during a war games maneuver. He did as he was told, the machine was easy to steer and had a General telling him where to go to get to the beach. All done at night. Problem the next day was he drove over an area of the coastline where a Dr of Biology had a study going on the ecosystem of a coral reef area. Destroyed the several year ongoing experiment the Dr had going.:( The Marines issued an apology to the distraught Dr but it didn't bring back his years of research and study of that now churned up experiment. Those four tanks, men and equipment was close to a half million pounds and it took a lot of air to keep it afloat. They also have in the English channel those very large hoover craft ferries with many cars on them. I'm sure you all have seen the different videos of them coming into shore and the docks with the spray coming out from under the waist skirts. Dan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Bvr Tail, What city in Northern Indiana? I seem to remember one and I think it was at Hall Lift Truck in Elkhart....or Osceola...not sure...Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts