Trapshooters Forum banner

BT99 Shell ejection

595 4
Sometimes the shell will eject-sometimes it won't. In a full round of 25 the shell may eject 5-10 in a row and then it won't and I need to take out . Suggestions please?
Thanks, Dennis.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
I've had this happen on my bt 99 before. The ejector trip rod was bent. I took the trip rod out of the gun and straightened it in a vice. This worked well for a couple of months but bent again. Bought a new one online and replaced it.

· Registered
17,356 Posts
Steel based hulls such as Top Gun, WW Super Target, Gun Club, etc. will stick in my 90T. Never heard of BT having a problem. A clean chamber would be my starting point.
A BT-99 has an ejector trip rod that protrudes when the gun is fired. I have had to fix a few that changed shape over time.
If this is your problem the fix is simple. Put the rod in a vise and squeeze slightly to make it a tad longer. This is a piece of heat treated spring steel so don't be ham fisted. Have a way to measure the change, or cut and try.

If you are manually illiterate, disregard my advice and find a gunsmith.

HM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.