Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a shop which has a good reputaion for performing trigger work and installing a new locking bolt in a BT99.

If anyone has a shop to recommend, I would appreciate it.

I would rather not play "gunsmithing roulet" with someone I am not sure about their experience level with working on these guns, you get one chance to have it done right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
George Wortner Gun Works, Chatham Ontario, built an excellent release-trigger for my Citori Plus...He would be my first choice. 1-888-998-2000.

Bill Beamish

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone

There are some good suggestions here.

I used to drop in at Wortners when I lived in London and I still get up to Chatham on business once and a while. George doesn't stock Browning guns now, though but he is good.

My 2005 manufacture BT99 has developed a 2 pound trigger pull; too light for me.

The trigger plate for this gun had a small, two prong, round wire spring in the inside rear of the trigger plate, secured by a flat screw. The prongs of the spring faced forward and beared down on the rear of the trigger, in a position that would offer some resistance to the trigger being pulled.

The thing is, these were broken and I assume this could be a reason for the lighter trigger pull.

This spring doesn't show on the BT99 parts diagram on the Midwest site but is is not some aftermarket modification because I owned the gun from new and have never had anything done to it.

I am thinking the first thing might be to obtain one of these and install it, assuming I can identify it and the sale is not restricted by Browning because it is a trigger part.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Browning warranty smith
W R Longs LTD
4992 Rice Lake Drive North
Bewdley ON, K0L1E0
905-797-2700
Fax:905-797-2650

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.