Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a BT99 PLUS on Gunbroker. It came with a release trigger, not advertised as such.
I like the gun but would like to change it back to a pull trigger.
What is the process.
Thanks

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Take the stock off and take the release hook out of the action. As you don't know how to do this, you probably shouldn't. Get a gunsmith to do it. OTOH, if you want to improve your average, leave it in and shoot it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take the stock off and take the release hook out of the action. As you don't know how to do this, you probably shouldn't. Get a gunsmith to do it. OTOH, if you want to improve your average, leave it in and shoot it.
Very first thing is to identify who made the release trigger, most are marked by the maker. Do not take it to a gunsmith and let him wreck the release by cutting hooks off. It may cost you a little more money to replace the release parts with pull parts but you will have the parts to return it back to a release trigger gun or sell the release parts. I am always in the market for release parts but they are very hard to find for a bt-99. Good luck

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Suggestion...send your receiver to Phillips Gunsmithing to change back to pull. Phillip will send you back
the release parts if you ever decide to go back to a release trigger. Phillip is of one of recognized gunsmiths regarding
release triggers espechially Browning. Check out his web site, Gunsmithing in Emory, Texas

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Suggestion: shoot a few rounds with the release trigger just for the fun of it. After you've shot those shoot a few more. Then just decide it's too much trouble to convert it back to pull and keep shooting the release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts