Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me that owns one or is a gunsmith tell me if the bt99 Plus rib is machined into the the rear of the barrel or is it separate and soldered to the barrel after? This is the part that meets the rib that is machined into the receiver.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The rib on the BT99 Plus is removable. The muzzle/front end is attached by a roll pin - it has only two settings. The back end is held in place by a height adjusting screw which is click adjustable. The base that the rib is screwed to by the adjusting screw always appeared to be soldered to the breech end of the barrel to me. I've never seen this part(base) free from a barrel. Maybe someone else has. Hope this helped.

Bob Falfa

I just went and looked. The rib base is a separate piece of metal from one end to the other. It appears to be soldered. The rib attaches by the previously mention methods (roll pin front/adjustment screw rear).

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The piece where the adjustable screw is at the back to the receiver is what I'm referring to. This barrel is not the original and was bought in 2008 and mounted on this gun. I just wanted to know if it is removable from the tip of the barrel all the way back to the receiver.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmm not at all what Midwest gun works is telling me. I sent it in to have the rib re-aligned and he is saying it is a solid piece and can't be removed. Maybe someone from Midwest gun works can chime in and confirm that it is solid. Just asking for a second opinion.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
If it was milled on the barrel, in one piece, there would not be a line between the bracket and the barrel. Which you can plainly see at the breach end of the gun.

Did Midwest say they couldn't remove it, or they don't want to?

Ajax

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
If I look at the back or the front of mine, there is a solder filled gap between the rib base and the barrel. It looks to be a 32nds wide, or less, but it is there. This is on a BT99 Plus and a Citori Plus Combo. The rib base on the top single for the combo has a rib base that runs the entire length of the barrel and ends at the back just like your BT99 Plus. The BT99 Plus has a small base at the front, about a 1/2" square, a center base and a rather large separate rear base for the back anchor. Mine have very obviously been soldered on the barrel. Hopefully yours are as well. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
midwest said it was one piece and they couldn't remove it. If they couldn't do it I wish they would of told me this so I can find someone who can. I believe Pats said they could.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Try contacting Art's. They have an email setup for questions. Maybe they'll answer you before Monday if you hurry. They should be able to tell you once and for all.

Bob Falfa

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No the email I got was from Pats gun repair. What I want, if possible, the rib removed and moved over where it should be, PERIOD. No add a rib or filing to make it look like its right I just want it right. It should be right, it's not right. You can tell 100% it is not right unless Browning completely screwed up when they milled the rib part on the receiver, mono bloc or whatever you call it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Remove the roll pin raise the rib up to take it off be careful not to lose the spring at the adjustment screw A new rib from Browning cost me $224.00 shipped to my house. Henry

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has nothing to do with the rib it is the back mount for the rib that is soldered rolled over to the right by about a 16th or more and it is very obvious it is off.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Called Browning and they said they wouldn't work on something that someone else had worked on to try and fix their (Northwest Gun Works) issue. They also said as far as they new it was soldered but they wouldn't know unless they could see it. Sounds like the people who put it on the the people who sold it to them don't want to deal with it.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I meant Midwest Gun Works. I don't think they built it. Any who they don't want to fix it after they told me in an email they could but I guess you can't really know until you see it. If it is milled they person must of been cross eyed.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What I will do when it returns is post some pics and maybe a gunsmith can tell me if they can do it and I will send it to someone that can.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts