Trapshooters Forum banner

BT99 Golden clays

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  slayer 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick up NIB a 32 or 34 inch for $2500.00. My question is what do you trap shooters think of this gun as far as price, durability and just about anything you can fill me in on. Going to start casual trap shooting and this looks like a good start - please provide any and all information so I can make up my mind....thanks a million......Manny

#2 ·
Hi Manny:
The BT-99 Golden Clays is the top of the line as far as fit, finish, ornamentation, wood finish and selection, metal polish and blueing are concerned. Most all I have seen have Grade 5 wood on them. In addition they tend to have the factory installed Gracoil recoil reduction system (fully adjustable up down left and right and at angles too) and an adjustable comb. So there is not much more you could ask for. I have a 32" Golden Clays and it is a very dependable gun for sure. The only thing I have done to it is to pull off the Browning recoil pad and install a nice brown Kick-Eez trapshooting style recoil pad. I felt the Browining standard pad with the large concavity was rather hard and did not fit me too well so that is why I changed it. I have tried other BT-99s which are stock and feel that the trigger in my golden clays is appreciable better (crisper) than those that I tried. I am not sure but suspect that the gunsmiths at Moroku (sp?) may pay a bit more attention to the trigger on the Golden Clays vs the "standard" BT-99s. Hope this helps. Art

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.