Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Yes they are out there. However, your post screams of you looking for someone to sell you one. That’s an absolute no-no in this section. May consider elaborating on your post or edit it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think you're reading something into his post. Maybe he knows of one for sale and wanted to know what anyone who owns one thinks of it. I had one and sold it to another member of the club. I only paid 800 for it. Should have kept it. The gun was nice shooting and you can remove the trigger assembly for cleaning.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Shot a BT-100 for several years, mine was a 34 inch, invector plus chokes, Stainless with an adjustable comb, drop out trigger, i loved the gun and shot it very well, trouble is i wore it out in less than 2 years, had it rebuilt and sent it down the road...Steve

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
You know it’s good to be helpful, but one shouldn’t assume too quickly. Blake, I see a few around. I’ve shot one and liked it very much. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind having one, and no I’m not soliciting a purchase either. I have all the guns I want or need.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Purchased a 34 inch stainless model new when they discontinued them. Fixed full choke that patterned very well. A few springs and couple of firing pins is all it took after many thousands of rounds. The drop out trigger is nice for cleaning and has a adjustable selector for eject or extract. Most parts are available from Midwest gun works but a few parts are not available. Nothing is available from browning. I purchased the springs and firing pins from Jim a vendor on this site with great service. A great gun overall.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Blake, from what I know BT100s are solid, dependable guns. If I come across one in good shape and at a good price, I'd most likely buy it. The removable, adjustable trigger group makes the gun a budget Perazzi TM1 which is good thing.

·
Premium Member
4,638 Posts
I owned and shot both . Stainless versions . If my memory is correct the BT-99 & BT-100 had different tangs due to the drop out trigger on the BT-100 .

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I think you're reading something into his post. Maybe he knows of one for sale and wanted to know what anyone who owns one thinks of it. I had one and sold it to another member of the club. I only paid 800 for it. Should have kept it. The gun was nice shooting and you can remove the trigger assembly for cleaning.
Wish i could find one for 800, they make clay dust just as good as any other. Mine does it's job as long as i do mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A BT-100 was the first designated trap gun I purchased after using a 870 Wingmaster to start. It was a gun that I shot well an was a pleasure to shoot an maintain, it had the drop out trigger. Thinking I need a gun to shoot doubles I purchased an XT which I have enjoyed. The point is, I wish I had never sold that BT-100 an still had it today,only thing I ever did to it was replace the firing pin. Selling it was not one of my better decisions in life.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have two friends that has them and I have shot them both one was completely worn out and the other is tight as new,I think they are great guns.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,191 Posts
Shot a BT-99MAX for a while. Similar setup but no dropout trigger. Great gun. A buddy of mine shot a BT100 stainless. Broke a lot of targets. You’ll find his name under the 2004 junior CTC line in the grand program.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought a KS5 with fixed choke 34” barrel
Anything you can tell me about this gun that would be helpful would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Bt-100's wear the locking block out, also break firing pins quite often, and the top lever spring get weak pretty fast if you shoot alot, all fixable pretty reasonably,,, there a great trap gun to bad they quit making them, for myself i moved to a Beretta DT-10
What is there to rebuild on a BT100?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts