Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a fair price for a average condition BT1oo stainless w/thumbhole stock/ browning case?Looked on Gunbroker but none listed.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
BT 100 stainless are a desirable gun and hold a good value.
Don't know about the thumbhole stock but you are looking at 1800 to 2500 possibly depending on condition. Maybe more.

Bill

·
Registered
521 Posts
I believe a SS in fair condition with a thumbhole stock is worth at $1500.oo. A lot of people do not like the thumb hole stock. Condition is every thing.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
For all practical purposes, the thumbhole stock kills the deal. When I sold my BT100 w/thumbhole stock, I was fortunate as I had a Monte Carlo stock to go with it as well. However, mine was the matte finish but I was able to get $1800 for the package. The hard part is finding a Monte Carlo stock w/regular stock bolt to go with it. They are out there but very pricey.

Browning really screwed the pooch with their thumbhole stock. They always had beautiful wood and finished nicely. The problem was, you had to be 6'9" with basketball player hands to shoot it. I could slide the trigger all the way to the rear and manage to shoot it. However, with the long reach for your hand, you had to be careful not to drop it.

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
I've often wondered why the thumbhole stocks were harder to sell. Ive never seen one in my area, so I could not mount one to see why they were frowned upon. On paper they look like a very good idea. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
202 Posts
havnt seen one with the thumb hole, but in the last year i have been doing A LOT of research on bt-99 and 100's
most of the stainless 100's are $2200 and up that i have seen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts