Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BT100 does everything I ask of it. Except it will not Extract. Only Eject. The manual says it will. My trigger group looks the same as in the manuals. When I rotate the proper screw 180 degrees = no change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dusty

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I would like to know this as well. I have a BT-100 which is one that should change to extractor, but don't have a manual. Let me know what you find out. Martinpicker

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Dusty: Turn/click the slotted head back and forth a few times then dry fire several times with a snap-cap. If it keeps ejecting, turn the slotted head 180 degrees till it clicks once and dry fire a couple more times. That should do it.

-Gary

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary:

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Cheers, Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary:

I followed your recommendation and nothing changed. I can hear the "click" when I rotate the screw, however it still only ejects.

Thanks for the thought.

Dusty

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Sorry, Dusty. Two of the three BT-100s I've owned had a one-time, brief reluctance to switch modes as you are experiencing. All I did was spray the trigger group thoroughly with Rem Oil and cycle a few times like I said above. Problem was fixed and never came back.

-Gary

·
Registered
584 Posts
My 100 would extract and eventually return to eject I would repeat etc.
Rastoff here posted about the use of Colt 1911 firing pin springs used in place of ejector springs in the forearm. They poop the shell out just right without leaving the chamber after firing yet will raise a loaded shell enough to remove if not fired!.
I have converted all my Brownings, singles and O/Us!. Try it you'll like it!.

PS the springs are/were $1.50 - $4.00 ea. depending on the brand!.

·
Registered
72 Posts
which model BT-100 do you have Satin model {dull finish} or blued model? If you bought it used and it is the satin model and by chance the trigger is from a blued model it may work like you described.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Browning warranty guy (Eyster) told me to take the forearm off before I change the setting in the trigger group. dry fire, take forearm off, change eject button and put back together - seemed to work for me. I don't know the correct name for the part but it's the rod that runs along the inside of receiver. That button either makes contact with the small bent tip of it or allows it to come out a bit. Very small tolerance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.