Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shell ejection-sometimes the shell will eject and mostly it will not eject after being fired.
Looking for a recommendation as to the cause.
Thank you,
Dennis.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Some potential causes:

• Broken Ejector Trip Rod, tip of rod is worn, or rod does not have the correct bend in it to ensure correct resistance.
  • Worn or broken Ejector Hammer Spring.
  • Worn or broken Ejector Hammer or Ejector Hammer is not cocking and being held by the Ejector Sear.
  • Worn or broken Ejector Sear or its spring.
  • Broken Ejector or Ejector Extension.
  • Rust in the chamber.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Do a god cleaning of the bore. I had plastic buildup in the bore in a Ljuitic and did not realize it at first. Some cleaners do not remove plastic buildup.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Dennis, is it just steel base shells that stick? Put some grease on your little finger and lube the barrel where it contacts the shell base......steel based shells stick in my BT as well-frank

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Frank-nice to speak w you today.
Yesterday while I had most of the forend apart I really cleaned and lubricated all that was there. Today I shot 3 rounds (75) and all 75 were ejected-the steel based shells. I couldn't beleive it. I'll keep it greased and see what happens this weekend.
Thanks again for the tip!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Roger Covelsky(?) Has been making parts for the older BT99's.

440-590-0863

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update; Took the forend iron out-cleaned and lubricated. Just shot 300 rounds with all steel base shells and all 300 ejected strong and perfectly.
Thank to all for the recommendations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts