Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a BT-99 in the classifieds. It's serial number is 37D19488. I have a BT-99 and it's serial number 72D14xxx. They look identical to me. Are they interchangeable parts?

The one for sale is in much better shape than mine. My stock has a crack & has been repaired. It's still tight & I can break birds very well with it. It's a fixed full. The one for sale is an imp/mod. Both are 32".

I'm thinking if the parts are interchangeable-- I'm thinking of buying it. When mine starts to wear or my stock again cracks---change out the stock & receiver.

I like the old style BTs. I like simple---no adjustments, no changing chokes, etc-----Just keep your head down & break birds.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm not an expert here but I do think that the BT99 is pretty much interchangeable. Maybe the barrel would require fitting but maybe not. I think the key here is have there been modifications to the action.

Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't have a BT-99, but I have a couple of her sister Citori and the major parts do not interchange (Barrels, Wood, Forend). Now mine aren't close serial numbers (One is a 1984, the other is 1998). I'm sure there are many internal parts that are interchangeable if they are the same generation of action. One thing on mine is that the forends are very different. They don't even connect to the barrel in the same place. I'm not sure if it's because they are different styles of forend, different lengths of barrels, or simply different generations of Citoris. I would be very skeptical about mixing parts on Brownings based on my experience so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts