Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received a copy of "Tech Writer Jeff" Maloy's book on the BT-99. It's an all inclusive well written book on everything you ever wanted to know about the BT-99, history, maintenance, repair, exploded views.
Jeff does an excellent job with his writing, very detailed but easy to understand.
If you own a BT, this is the book to have. Available from Gun Show Books.
Great writing Jeff ~ Mich

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Mich746:

Thank you for the kind words about my new book. I'm glad you are enjoying and benefitting from it.

It feels great to finally get this book on the market. Based on the number of BT-99 questions I see here on trapshooters.com and other shotgun-related websites, I think a book about the Browning BT-99 has been long overdue, especially considering that the BT-99 is an immensely popular gun fast approaching its 50th anniversary! I wrote the book to serve both gunsmiths and BT-99 owners/collectors, and toward that goal, it's got (as you mentioned) exploded views, part lists, accurate serial-number and year-of-manufacture data, history, all the differences between the original (Generation 1) and current (Generation 2) designs, complete disassembly instructions down to the last pin and screw, re-assembly hints, periodic maintenance (e.g., how to install those popular spring kits from J&P Custom Products), and answers to FAQs. Over 200 photos and illustrations.

If anyone here would like to check it out, here's a direct link to the book on the publisher's website (Gun Show Books):

http://www.gunshowbooks.com/cgi-bin/webc.exe/st_prod.html?p_prodid=GS452719&sid=NZ1-i6Ht

Best regards and best wishes for all your shooting activities,

Jeff Meloy

·
Party without Arty?
53 Posts
Looks like a good book to have I want to get a BT-99 midas for my son but hes still in diapers and have to wait for him to get left or right dominance

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's a great book. Bought mine a month or so back. Love my BT so it was great to find a book so well written with a great technical layout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts