Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browning experts....

I have a new to me 2004 Browning BT 99. I see that the rib has a spring pin in the back to allow removal. Question is....is the rib attached to each post? If you tap on top of the rib at each post, you can tell it is not "welded" to the posts. Do I need to find a gunsmith or is this normal?

Thank you,
Kurt

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sounds like what you have is a BT99AR. A standard BT99 is a completely soldered rib, with no adjustments. OR....you may have a BT99Plus. Thinking back Im not sure the AR was in existence in 2004. The Plus rib just floats on the center post. Not sure about the AR, but I assume that its the same. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The regular BT99's "DO" have what appears to be a roll pin holding the rear of the rib as the OP mentions and shown on my BT in the photo below. This BT99 shown below is the standard plain jane model from around the same era the OP mentions. You can see where the rib is actually seperate from the rib ramp and appears to be held in place in the rear by this roll pin. However, I can not answer your question as to if the rib is welded to each post.
grntitan_2009_2503381.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you all. That picture is exactly what mine looks like and your discussion of "floating" is exactly what I'm talking about.

This site is the best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts