Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some post in the past about the High Shooter BT-99, I believe they have letters in the serial number such as RR, RP, and RT.
I just bought a RP but can't seem to find any info such as it shoots 90/10 or 70/30?? could you all give me what info you know of the RP.
Thanks a lot
Roger

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
A 1976 cover article in American Shotgunner Magazine stated that the then new BT-99 Competition Model was designed to shoot 10 inches high at 40 yards. The high shooters had serial numbers RT and RR in 1976 and 1977; after that Browning lowered the POI by putting less downward slope on the rib by request from non back fence shooters. Your RP was made in 1978 and was not a high shooter.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I had a 1978, excellent shotgun. For me with the straight trap stock, would at best shoot 4" high at 40 yards.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I had a Competition Model BT-99 with the higher rib and monte carlo stock and it shot just fine no need for a higher shooting gun. You should pattern your RP before doing anything rash.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys, I was really hoping for a High Shooter, so the RT and RR or the only two.
thanks again
Rog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.