Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much adjustment is there on the rib of a 32" 99 Plus ? How do I get it to shoot a little higher/lower & what are the incrumentss ? I don't notice an indent or anything to indicate a click by the rear screw & what about the front of the rib adjustment ? I'm really at a loss here can anyone help with this that actually has one or had one ?
Thank you for your time.
BILL

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
hit- i want to tell you a short story of what happen to my friend making adjustments to this gun. years ago when this gun first hit the market he paid $1,100.00 or 1,300.00 can't remember the amount for sure. he took it out of the box, cleaned it and shot a pratice handicap round at the waukesha state shoot. we sign up, we are on the 25 yard line and he smashes a 24 on the first trap. we walk to the next trap and he starts making adjusments. i told him leave the gun alone, they set it really nice at the factory. he made a change and preceeded to hit a 18. on the next trap he is making more changes and shoots a 17, and on the last trap more changes and breaks a 14. tne following week he is at the club, said he could not get the gun set up the way it was sent to him. he sold that gun for $800.00 after 1 week. be careful making adjustments, write down on how the gun is set up before you make changes. i love your gun, wish i had one, but i am the type that would constintly make changes with every missed bird.
good luck,
steve balistreri

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I too had a BT-99 plus 32". What I did was to put the gun on paper. See what the POI is and then set it up or down to your style of shooting. Next check you pattern. Now if it shoots right for you(a good score,your average) don't mess with it anymore .LEAVE IT ALONE!!

Just my two cents worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.