Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I have a BT + micro that my daughter uses and the recoil reducer just doesn't seem soft enough. Does anyone know if there is a softer spring available to replace the factory original that is in the unit? Bulge.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
You can get a Timney replacement unit from Midwest Gunworks or Wrights...or you can take the recoil pad off and unscrew that large slotted plug in the back of the unit...only go about 1/4 turn at most so it will still function...if you want to get rid of the original to help fund the Timney I would be interested if reasonable

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a BT99 with a GraCoil LOP recoil reducer. This my sound strange but make it tighter ( harder to push in ) this will make it feel softer. When you make it soft it can't stop the recoil and it will have a harder recoil then a standard stock.
I have my BT99 and XT set to the hardest setting( bottom out ) and feels the softest.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Unfortunately Wrightsgunsmiths had the distributership for the Timney recoil reducer and they recently announced they would no longer provide them. Some time ago their was a thread here that described how to modify the factory original. Short of finding one used or modifying the one you have I'm afraid your stuck. I have seen plus guns that have been converted to the gracoil system quite successfully.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I had my sons converted to Gracoil by Rod's Sustom Gunstocks and was much happier with it than original Browning recoil reducer and the Timney ( that did not work, mine was defective from the gitgo). Gracoil works better and is much easier to adjust for the growing kid.

Charlie

·
Registered
319 Posts
When my Grandson comes to visit he He use's my BT99+.
I went to my local ACE Hardware store and picked up about 1/2 dozen or so assorted springs of the proper size in cercumference but different flex capasity, and experamented until I found the right combo.
It did take some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.