Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a used bt 99 at a local gun store. With the forearm removed and the action closed there was a little play if you grab the pistol grip with right hand and barrel with left and twist. Kind of like the pay you feel in a properly adjusted wheel bearing. I could see a very little relative sideways motion where the barrel and the receiver meet while twisting. Putting the forearm back on seemed to eliminate any felt play.

Is this gun wore out? The lever was centered when closed. Price seemed high at $969.

Mark

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
an overhaul could run 300+ too

·
Registered
174 Posts
I sent my bt-99 to dougs gunsmithing in Minn about 3yrs ago for a rebuild, cost $300 plus shipping, great job. I would say about $500, if it needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
It is not worn out. Sounds normal for a well used BT and could last a long time from your description. I wouldn't mess with it though for that kind of money, look for a nicer one.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
My original one has rattled when the forend is off the gun for years. It has never been a problem.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Holy Crap. I thought only Ruger Red Labels did that!!! My gosh. You mean a BT does that and its ok? I'm going to throw my Ruger in the trash and get a BT99!!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If it were mine and is as you described I wouldn't worry about it.

But, IT IS WAY OVERPRICED. You can do better.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
My original BT-99 that I bought new has a rattle that can be felt with the forend off by shaking the gun quite vigorously. This gun has been shot many thousands of rounds. With the forend on it doesn't rattle. I never shoot without the forend on so I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you are looking for a BT-99 I have one I bought new in 2004. I have the original box & bill of sale. The gun is in almost mint condition. It's got a VERY GOOD pull trigger set @ 3.5 lbs by a gunsmith. 32" bbl with choke tubes & a Morgan pad. $800 firm. Interested?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts