Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks again I found a BT99 Max blued receiver 32" barrel. I have been looking around on the forum as well as the internet trying to find information. What I do know is that it is was made in 1997. The gun has a SPS recoil reduction system with LOP adjustment/ Kick EEZ pad,Tronspace abjustable comb installed, original browning invector plus(3)with wrench(2) Diamond grade extended chokes IM / Full and HI Viz Tricomp front sight . The gun comes with the orginal Browning fitted case.The condition of the gun is what I would consider VERY GOOD handling marks, a tiny place on the forearm and a place a the barrel where the choke is installed. The bore is bright and the locks up tight. What is the approximate value of this gun and how many did Browning make of the MAX? Any of information would be greatly appreciated.

Hunters3

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Gun in standard stock would be worth about 1100.00 I am not sure about the options listed. They are one of the best 99's that was ever made.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
These are preferable to the new 99s. Why would they not be worth as much or more? The innards are much better in the steel framed models and the durability is unquestioned. Ask any gunsmith familiar with both......m

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
You read my mind Merlyn...why pay $1400 for a new "plain Jane" when Id pay $1400 for any pristine BT with the high polish/engraving//hi ribs ...the best of the best and hang onto the 99 Max!! there are no better between them and the "plus guns"

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The BT-99 Max would be a highly sought after model because it came out in very limited numbers at the same time as the BT100. It has the same high rib as the BT100 but without the drop out trigger assembly.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
And keep in mind I've never seen a broken trigger in a 99 that wasn't the result of someone monkeying with it or converting to release

·
Registered
86 Posts
Guns are worth whatever the buyer thinks it is worth, that being said I paid $1500 for a 99 MAX about 8 months ago. It sounds much like the one one discribed. I think it was a fairly good deal considering there are only so many 99 MAX's out there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have one that I use as a back-up gun.
It is the stainless model with 34" factory porting, adjustable comb, invector +

chokes, and a soft-touch recoil system.

Been offered $2000. for it, still have it.

Hal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read some where that Browning only made the MAX in 1997 and only 568? Do you know if that is factual?

Hunters3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts