Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 year old BT-99 with a Beavertail style forearm. I like the gun, but don't really care for the forearm. Does anyone know if you can buy a conventional style forearm for the newer BT's, or know of anyone that makes a custom?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am sure a stock maker could make a suitable forearm for you. I suspect he would want to use the latching mechanism in the current Beavertail for the new forearm. This means, probably, that you will have to lay the BT99 up for a while.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
I just recently converted my older BT with a beavertail forearm to a competition forearm. You will need to buy the front latch and longer screws from Browning due to the thickness of the new forearm. In about 2 weeks I will be selling a competition forearm since I am buying a new matching set. Mike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that you could buy a competition forearm for the BT to replace a Beavertail. Can anyone offer advice on good reputable places to buy from?

Mike, I also sent you a PM.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
No need to change the take-down lever bracket. It will just be recessed into the wood dependent upon the depth of the new design. I have replaced my wood and the bracket is recessed 5/16". Yes, the maker will need the bracket to make the new wood. Fitting the bracket is critical and a pain. Notice your bracket and forearm have the gun's serial number stamped on them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
What's the difference between the bevertail and a competition? (New to the Bt-99) sorry if I'm hijacking.

Mike

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gambit, I carved it from blank, and it is tedious work. Everything has to be perfect. All contact points are glass bedded. A pro with a duplicator should be able to make you one much easier. You can get exactly what you want that way.
forearms can't just be swapped.

BD457 , the beavertail is triangular, wedge shaped. Too small for my hand. My fingers get burned on the barrel. The competition is larger and more squared.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Johnny. Are you aware of any custom stock companies that either sell them or could make a custom? I don't have any where near the talent you do to attempt a project like that. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gambit, I have never dealt with any stock makers. Check the sponsors here and Google for one near you. You may change your mind after pricing one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.