Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I were shooting the other night and after the round she said her BT-99 was hard to open. I tried it and sure enough it was hard to open. I took it apart and noticed that the receiver and forearm metal was scratched. The only thing I can come up with is that some Unburnt powered fell in there. She forced it open and here is what I have. Any ideas I’m thinking of taking some wet sand paper and smoothing it out. Anyone have any better ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
22,877 Posts
LUBRICATION IS CRITICAL.

You didn’t lube it. It galled. Try smoothing it a LITTLE BIT but not completely. Then lube it every time you use it. There, on the trunnions and the axle.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
get it fixed before shooting it again

·
Registered
53 Posts
The wife and I were shooting the other night and after the round she said her BT-99 was hard to open. I tried it and sure enough it was hard to open. I took it apart and noticed that the receiver and forearm metal was scratched. The only thing I can come up with is that some Unburnt powered fell in there. She forced it open and here is what I have. Any ideas I’m thinking of taking some wet sand paper and smoothing it out. Anyone have any better ideas?
Lack of lubrication.......I try to get folks to listen......rust and gauling is your enemy......lubrication of any kind is your friend.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
no signs of any grease or oil from them pic's so that's what caused it, after you get it fixed, read the instruction book that came with the gun, it says you need to lube the moving parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts