Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a quality case for my back up BT-99 34” barrel. Looking at either the browning leather one that runs about 200.00 or a Negrini I think it is the 1657 that’s runs about 300.00. Anyone have any experience with the browning one?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Yes! Definitely get the Negrini. I've had several BT 99, 100's with the browning case, never liked having to put the handguard back on to put it in the case. With the Negrini, it has a separate spot for the handguard and all kinds of extra compartment. But most of all, it's a much better built and lighter box, not to mention a smaller box, and it easily fits a 34" barrel with an extended choke! Get it, you will thank me. The 1657R is the one I got, $289 and free shipping on Amazon. But the 1657LR is $369 on Amazon and has a fully lined compartment. If I need another one, I'll get that one.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Looking for a quality case for my back up BT-99 34” barrel. Looking at either the browning leather one that runs about 200.00 or a Negrini I think it is the 1657 that’s runs about 300.00. Anyone have any experience with the browning one?
I love my Browning case for my 34” BT-99. But beware you may have to make a slight modification where the chamber area rest side is if you use and keep an extended tube in. The case calls out 34” but without tube installed.

Don’t sweat what you have to do easy modification. Expose wood under the fleece liner. Cut with exacto knife. Use a narrow wood chisel and reshape wood to get chamber section to lay in perfectly flat. Re glue fleece liner back down. Sound like you are butchering up the case but it is easy and you will never tell anything was done. Will fit perfect if you leave your choke tubes in.

No choke tubes, flush tubes, no worries. Will lay perfectly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just took the block out and replaced it with a piece of dense foam from an old ground mat, covered with scrap leather.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I recently bought the Negrini 1657R from JACK on this forum. Delivered price was less than the Amazon price, plus he is a supporting vendor here. It is a great value for the money. Drop him a PM and he will fix you up.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Black and Tan Browning case will not work with a 34” barrel with ext choke. The sports lock case will. Pretty much same case other wise.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have several Browning cases. I have a Negrini case. It would be worth a little more funds to purchase the Negrini case.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
The Browning cases are nice for storage but the negrini cases travel much better due to the slick exterior and rounded corners. If you use a Browning case to transport it will begin to show wear and tear pretty quickly and those cases are heavy. I use browning cases for storage and display but it I go with the Negrini when the gun leaves the house.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I love my Browning case for my 34” BT-99. But beware you may have to make a slight modification where the chamber area rest side is if you use and keep an extended tube in. The case calls out 34” but without tube installed.

Don’t sweat what you have to do easy modification. Expose wood under the fleece liner. Cut with exacto knife. Use a narrow wood chisel and reshape wood to get chamber section to lay in perfectly flat. Re glue fleece liner back down. Sound like you are butchering up the case but it is easy and you will never tell anything was done. Will fit perfect if you leave your choke tubes in.

No choke tubes, flush tubes, no worries. Will lay perfectly.
I did all that with my Browning cases... I'll say it again.. Negrini or nothing.. in fact, I have a brand new Browning case I bought from a member here, .. never took it out of the box after buying the Negrini..

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought an skb case that was only 80 dollars for mine. Really nice actually. See no reason to spend that kind of coin on a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Browning case is ok but heavy. It’s also not airline approved if that’s any concern. Next case will be a Negrini. Lighter , lifetime warranty and airline approved.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I own both and the 20yr+old browning case has stood up better than the 10yr old Negrini. They weight difference between them is minimal. I wouldn't airline either of them although the Negrini is suppose to be capable.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I bought an skb case that was only 80 dollars for mine. Really nice actually. See no reason to spend that kind of coin on a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great case for the money, have one of those too. Little awkward with opening it and holding the top up, but good little case for local stuff

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I did all that with my Browning cases... I'll say it again.. Negrini or nothing.. in fact, I have a brand new Browning case I bought from a member here, .. never took it out of the box after buying the Negrini..
Making the mod is no big chore for me. Can see it being over some guys head because they can't work with their hands. My old BT-99 MAX is in an old Warwick Case I had Paul make, you talk about a tank. I prefer that construction. My Browning Grand Prix Sporter came in and still is in a Negrini Case. I think that Negrini is a POS but I'm sure it was just a promotional style case. I'm sure they put out a good quality product. Only hear good things about them. Good shooting.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Making the mod is no big chore for me. Can see it being over some guys head because they can't work with their hands. My old BT-99 MAX is in an old Warwick Case I had Paul make, you talk about a tank. I prefer that construction. My Browning Grand Prix Sporter came in and still is in a Negrini Case. I think that Negrini is a POS but I'm sure it was just a promotional style case. I'm sure they put out a good quality product. Only hear good things about them. Good shooting.
Yep, it's no big deal, took me about 30 seconds to figure out what to do and 1 minute to do it... still doesn't solve the issue of not having a separate space for the hand guard.. or having a much nicer and durable case.. the rug in the browning case is nice, but that's where it ends..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yep, it's no big deal, took me about 30 seconds to figure out what to do and 1 minute to do it... still doesn't solve the issue of not having a separate space for the hand guard.. or having a much nicer and durable case.. the rug in the browning case is nice, but that's where it ends..
That forend section is a nice feature. The Warwick Case is built like that and a lot more storage. I wish I would of had him make me a case for my Citori Special Trap Edition. It has a nice case and all but when he passed it didn’t realize it for some time after. Actually found out when I tried to get a case for a Pigeon 99. But I can see guys not digging those heavy old cases but I don’t think about that all that much. The Browning Encino Case (a bit lower grade) O/U case is a decent case as far as barrel fit. 32” XT barrels with tubes fit with no problems. No mods needed. My shooting buddy bought a Traditional for his 32” Sporting and I had to modify his to except the tubes. He kept pulling the tubes but I told him it was an accident waiting to happen. On my next gun I’ll look at the Negrini.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts