Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older BT-99, probably from the 80's and a BT-100 from 1996. I broke the ejector in the BT-100 and sent to Midway for a replacement. After filing it down to fit the dovetails I was shocked at the shell collar fit. Milled on an angle and that made the gun impossible to close. Has anyone else had the same problem? I would need a milling machine to fix this problem. Any thoughts? Is there anywhere to get a better fitting ejector? Please advise, Bob

· Registered
233 Posts
Not sure what state a browning replacement ejector comes in but others I have installed must have the inside radius cut to match the chamber and the rim cut once it is fitted into the slide and the face the inside can be scribed to the chamber from the inside. And then carefully filed to match, but to do it right you need a chamber reamer with the right size guide to do the final fitting and match the rim cut to the barrel. Unless your planning on doing more in the future it's cheaper to let a gunsmith do it than buying all the tools.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Not sure what state a browning replacement ejector comes in but others I have installed must have the inside radius cut to match the chamber and the rim cut once it is fitted into the slide and the face the inside can be scribed to the chamber from the inside. And then carefully filed to match, but to do it right you need a chamber reamer with the right size guide to do the final fitting and match the rim cut to the barrel. Unless your planning on doing more in the future it's cheaper to let a gunsmith do it than buying all the tools.
You are absolutely correct. I did one of my perazzi's and was lucky enuf to borrow a reamer. Would be a real job without this reamer. Guaranteed next one goes to Don Rackley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.