Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bt99 micro midas that is about 3 years old with a 30in barrel that my son shoots. I think he will be ready for a 34 some time in future. Can I buy a 34in bt99 barrel and have it fitted to this gun? If so are they certain models that fit certain model guns? Thanks Dusty

·
Registered
13,913 Posts
No, Browning does not sell barrels. You may be able to find a used barrel, but fit is not guaranteed and the cost will be prohibitive. Sell the gun you have now and buy a new one.

There are two different styles of forend, as well as ejector and non ejector guns, so if buying a used barrel you need to find the right barrel for your receiver/forend iron.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good luck finding a used 34" barrel. I have been looking for a couple of years now. As Skeetman said, cheaper to sell the gun you have and buy a new one.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I called Browning a few years ago for that very thing. I wanted an extra barrel for my bt99. Browning rep said they don't sell barrels for the break open guns.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can't get barrel can I buy a bt99 with 34in barrel and put my stock and forearm on it? Mine already has rad system with plenty lop adjustment.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I called Browning a few years ago for that very thing. I wanted an extra barrel for my bt99. Browning rep said they don't sell barrels for the break open guns.
I just went through the same conversation with them regarding my barrel. I was told by Browning my barrel was bulged at the chamber and could not be fixed. They did however offer to make me a new barrel for the sum of $1300.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have several BT 99. I bought one of the first ones out and added more over the years. I wanted another barrel for the first one and talked to the Browning gunsmith.There were a few barrels for sale at the Grand at Vandalia that year ! His advice was buy another BT 99. He said its cheaper in the long term because if you try to fit another barrel you probably will end up with two barres and neither one will fit properly! I took his advice . That maybe the reason l ended up with several today!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts