Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my experience, the barrel would likely need fitted. Your forearm may not fit flush when the gun is closed. Now, if your barrel is ruined, then it may be worth the hassel. Back about 25 years ago Leo in Library, PA sold me a barrel out of a 2 barrel set and 10 minutes later he fitted it to my BT-99; unfortunately, the forearm did not fit properly and would work loose as the forearm lock would work open after 25 rounds. I then contacted Browning and of course they wanted more than the cost of the barrel to fit it. Boy was I stupid for attempting this. Darrell

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my experience, the barrel would likely need fitted. Your forearm may not fit flush when the gun is closed. Now, if your barrel is ruined, then it may be worth the hassel. Back about 25 years ago Leo in Library, PA sold me a barrel out of a 2 barrel set and 10 minutes later he fitted it to my BT-99; unfortunately, the forearm did not fit properly and would work loose as the forearm lock would work open after 25 rounds. I then contacted Browning and of course they wanted more than the cost of the barrel to fit it. Boy was I stupid for attempting this. Darrell

·
Registered
986 Posts
Some ribs are higher than others, causing a mismatch where the barrel meets the receiver, most barrels fit the receiver with a minimum or no fitting required, but as stated the forends are a problem. If you are trying to make a two barrel set the likelihood of the forend fitting both barrels is slim, however if you have a receiver, iron and wood I'd say go for it. I've bought and sold barrels in the $300 to $400 range. I have two back at the shop and I believe one has a fitted forend on it. I'll be away until the middle of next month. If interested email me and I'll see what I can do when I get home.

Big Dave Borecki

Big Dave's Sporting Arms Inc.

[email protected]

·
Registered
986 Posts
Some ribs are higher than others, causing a mismatch where the barrel meets the receiver, most barrels fit the receiver with a minimum or no fitting required, but as stated the forends are a problem. If you are trying to make a two barrel set the likelihood of the forend fitting both barrels is slim, however if you have a receiver, iron and wood I'd say go for it. I've bought and sold barrels in the $300 to $400 range. I have two back at the shop and I believe one has a fitted forend on it. I'll be away until the middle of next month. If interested email me and I'll see what I can do when I get home.

Big Dave Borecki

Big Dave's Sporting Arms Inc.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.