Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a about 10 year old BT 99 with a 32" barrel I am buying from Logman. Is it better to go to a 34" barrel ported with chokes or with out.
I have shot a Rem 3200 most of my life. Looking for advice from those that know.

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
The BT-99 is going to be a lot lighter that the 3200 . It will take awhile to used to the quickness of the 99.

When I started out in 1977 I bought a Remington 1100 M/C trap and shot it very well. However I shot it a minimum of 1,000 targets a week, and I got tired of parts breakage and bought a new Perazzi TM-1. The 1100 had a 30 inch barrel and the Perazzi has a 34. But the Perazzi was go light and quick to a target I just couldn't adjust, even though I shot it good for singles, my handicap stunk .

I bought a Perazzi MX-8 combo and shot it much better, as the additional weight helped me .

Now I want you to know that it was me that had the problem of going from a heavier 1100 to the TM-1. Other people can adjust to a lighter weight gun, I was at the time a very stout 6'4" 220 lb man, and I think I just tried to manhandle the Perazzi. The man I sold that TM-1 to, took it to Reno, Nevada and won the Golden West Grand with it.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been shooting the rem 3200 since 74 when I bought it. I had 20 year laps in shooting. 5 because the epa shut down the trap range something about lead going in the river for 20 years. Eyes went bad for a rear and a half.
Shooting the last 3 months has made a world of difference in my vision. Learning to focuse again.
Thanks for advice.
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts