Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bt99 plus that is new to me but well used. The action locks up tight but when opened has no resistance. Also when open has very slight side to side movement. Is this something to worry about? If so is it repairable? Rough cost and suggestions where to take it would be great? I am in NW PA. Sean

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sean, where are you located in NM PA. My suggestion would be Doug Braker. He has worked on several of my guns and they come back like new.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
If the play is ever so slight I would not worry about it at this time. If it locks up tight and the lever is left of center or at center shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I think he meant right of center. The lever moves further left when locked as it wears. Check the gun without the forearm attached for side to side wiggle. Mark

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. The only other question is. Is this repairable? For future notice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I own a BT- 99 plus. 2 years ago I sent it out to Art's Guns for a rebuild. I sent it to him on a Tuesday and he had it back the following Tuesday. It cost $325 and it came back tight and ready to shoot. I could not believe how fast he turned it around. If you go to his web site he has a price list of things that he does and he is a certified Browning gunsmith.

George Ware

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine had the same issue. I took it to the Browning booth at the 2012 Grand and the Browning techs said that Browning would repair it for free if I sent it in. Had it back in 4 weeks. Apparently, they replaced the metal pivot on the forearm and installed longer bolts in the wood. Like new now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts