Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BT-100 has worn out it's titanium firing pin and I need a replacement. My web searches have come up empty. Can anyone please reccomend a vendor for a new titanium firing pin?

Thanks,

ImpalaBob aka Bob Fix

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bob:

My OEM firing pin has over 88,000 primers across it and never a fault.

The only known BT-100 ignition issue is the hammer mainspring that needs to be replaced every 26 months. They cost $4 and I do the change-out myself in 10 minutes.

Browning delivers parts in about 10 days. Always have two hammer springs on hand.

Also, in all the years of service of my beloved BT-100, had to replace the top lever return spring one time.

Keep a couple of springs on hand and your BT-100 is an enduring rock solid lifetime performer.

Hope this helps and good luck

JohnO

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks everyone. My local gunsmith George Scavello had a titanium and a steel pin in stock. It was quite easy to install. Everything goes "BANG" once again. I'll be keeping the new steel pin as my back-up spare.

I have never changed the firing pin spring! Maybe having a snap cap and releiving the spring pressure when casing the BT-100 has made a difference. I have replaced the top lever return spring several times. My BT-100 has served me well.

Thanks again for the advice.

ImpalaBob

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TexasJohnO was correct!! Once I replaced the firing pin I still had some primer hits with no ignition until a second hit. I stretched the hammer spring for a test and it solved the problem. I just ordered two new hammer springs and a new top lever spring from Brownells. Thanks everyone. Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.