Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a Browning stainless BT 100 with ajustable comb and choke tubes worth it is excellent condition.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you can post pictures you'll get a more accurate estimate. The price can vary depending on the condition of the metal, wood and comb. Is the stock a monte carlo vs a straight stock? Is the adjustable comb by the factory or was it cut after-market? If the comb was cut after-market was it done right? Much figure in the wood? Has the stainless finish been left untouched or has it been polished? Are the choke tubes factory or better yet extended Brileys? These factors can effect the value by hundreds of dollars. My stainless BT likes to snuggle with my stainless Ljutic. LOL Bob

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Very nice, desirable shotguns. Don't forget bbl length. 32" models bring hundreds less than 34" ones, all else being equal.

Jack is right - the only shotgun more prone to galling than a regular carbon steel BT is a stainless one. They'll last your entire life if well cared for, but the receiver knuckle and forend iron can be galled beyond belief in just one round of trap under the right circumstances. Sorry to always harp on this but I've seen some broken hearts (one was a kid) and I don't want to see it again. Please wipe old grease off and re-grease every time, without fail.

-Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.