Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a BT 100 Leo Special I am familiar with the gun and it history but I do not know what the curreny fair market value is. The gun is with original hard case and 95% it has a release trigger which I think must be after market . Thanks Joe

·
Registered
562 Posts
A "true" Leo BT 100 has an L in the serial number. There were more than a couple of configurations made such as stainless steel barrels. Yes, the release trigger would have been aftermarket. Pictures always help.

Don in PA

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have pictures of it tonight. I am sure it is a Leo has the engraved number on top and the removable trigger which would seperate it from a 99. Joe

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I would say $2500 to $3300, w/case, and release trigger, in stated condition.

·
Vendor
19,410 Posts
It is a stainless bbl unless Browning lies on the bbl.

About 3 grand. the release ctually lowers the value. Try for 3500 and see if you get a bite

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
The pictures I posted are of a BT-99 Stainless "Leo" that a friend of mine owns. These are not mac66's pictures of his BT-100. I was just showing the Stainless version of a "Leo", although a BT-99. From what I heard, only 25 of these Stainless BT-99 Leo's exist.

It was a follow-up post to CalvinMD's post above mine.

Above is a link to a "SOLD", BT-99 blued version from Gunbroker. Selling price of $3400. Granted it was NIB, and a BT-99, but 95% BT-100 is close. The release can be removed, if someone does not want to use it. If someone is looking for a release, I would think they would pay extra. The case would add some value. Thus, the $2500 to $3300 valuation.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Leo Cerar had a gun shop in Library, Pa, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh.

He sold a large variety of trap guns, and a big volume of Browning guns. He had several runs of hi grade BT-99 and BT-100s made exclusively for his shop.

Sadly the store closed several years ago, and he passed away a year or 2 after.

·
Vendor
19,410 Posts
Thanks Gary. I am humbled. Actually it is common practice for an experienced poster to put up pics for another that does not know how. Still, I am humbled.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
A whole bottle of Coppola? Nothing wrong with that.
stlflyn_2010_0704326.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts