Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Looking for a BT-100 Golden Clays or Maybe A BT-99 Golden Clays
Post here or email me

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
ninjak,

Not certain Browning made a BT 100 in Golden Clays model, but they do make a BT99 GC....

Other folks...correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Larry

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
LDAdd,

They made a few early models BT-100 Golden Clays. They have nice wood and no recoil reducer like the newer 99 GC's. These all were highluster blued barrels with porting. I've heard conflicting stories as to whether fixed choke barrels were ever available, as the only ones I've ever seen had tubes.

ss

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Golden Clays BT-99 isn't really worth the extra $$$ I had one and it actually shot worse than than my old fixed choked models. I wouldn't drop $3K or even $2500 on a used GC golden clays. If you want a real trap gun buy a SBT ljutic or a KX-5. Much better gun for the money. I like BT's but all the GC is a cheap dressed up regular BT99. The comb hardware sucks as with all brownings and the engraving is just rolled. If I were you I'd look for a late 70's BT 99 34" in mint condition. They shoot nice and high and are alot nicer looking and better built. You could easily get a nice one for $1100.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm with TrapCrazy on this one except I would look for an early 70's model that shoots nice and flat!

I shot a practice round with a GC at the Missouri Fall Handicap. It was priced right @ $2250.00, but it didn't do anything for me. It wasn't nearly the gun I was used to shooting.

I spent my money on a rebuild / reblue / refinish of my old 1969 BT-99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.