Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory adj, comb and only need to move abt 3/8 to the right and 3/8 high for a good fit. I tighten it properly without risking over tightening. During a round of 5 stand it will slide down to flush. Anyone have this problem or a fix? I don't think it comes all the way off or I would add a spacer of some type.
Thanks

·
Vendor
1,664 Posts
Browning tried to solve a problem that didn't exist with their adjustable comb.
It is the biggest POS that Browning has ever made with the possible exception of how they make their factory choke tubes (marked less than full choke).
Shows what happens when you let engineers that never have shot trap design stuff for trap guns.

·
Vendor
1,664 Posts
First, let me make sure I was not misinterpreted.

I like Browning shotguns, in fact the BT and Citori are the trap guns I probably recommend the most to students looking for guns in that price range. They are a great value for the dollar and you will get a gun that will last longer than most shooters.

My bitch is the factory adjustable comb hardware which has a tendency to slip and frequently, for whatever reason, will not tighten and stay tight. If it was not a problem there would not be replacement hardware.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Does the factory comb come all the way out on the 725 when you loosen the nut? I want to add spacers.
Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put some plastic washers to fill the gap. You can get those from ACE Hardware store. Just make the inner diameter of those washers fit the metal post of your adjustable comb.
Does the comb come all the way out?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does the factory comb come all the way out on the 725 when you loosen the nut? I want to add spacers.
Thanks
Yes. There are two metal post. You can take the adjustable comb piece out and then add plastic spacers or washers. Those spacers will help to hold the comb in the position you set. This is only for straight up and down adjustment. If you also have trouble with side-to-side adjustment, you will need new hardware then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts