Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XT. Last week it started hitting light on the bottom barrel. At first I thought maybe I ran into a bad batch of primers. As it started being more frequent, I put the shell in the top barrel and it went off. So I shot my top barrel from there forward with all shells firing off first and then all shells went off in the bottom barrel there after. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Bottom barrel firing pin? Hammer Spring? Any help would be welcomed. Havent shot it thst much considering I got it new. I wouldnt think there's 3000 rounds through it.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
The lower hammer spring is usually the first to fail. New springs should be put in, and it will solve the problem, along with a little cleaning of the firing pins and holes. Pretty common.

Try these guys if doing yourself.

J&P Custom Products, LLC

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just went through this exact same issue with my XT. Had bottom firing pin replaced and good to go. Guy said shooting the Cheddite primers burns the pins. Seems plausible as all I feed it for singles and doubles is white box Estates and Rios.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can try just replacing the hammer spring and see if that solves your problem. Not that hard to change. Also recommend snap caps if you do not use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just put J&P firing pins in my sons 725. It really hammers the primers now. Still need to swap out the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts