Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you give me some good reviews on either one of these guns to help me decide which one I should go after? Unsingle

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm currently shooting a 725 with a Precision Fit Stock. I'm really enjoying it. Mine had a firing pin issue but I bought a spring and firing pin kit from the vendor section. Easy to swap out, and back to normal.
I would definitely recommend it.

Reactions: Blakester96

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two, a 725 Sporting and a 725 Trap Unsingle Combo. I love them both, and haven't had any trouble, triggers or otherwise. I have about 7,000 rounds through the unsingle since new, in May, 2019 and 5,000 rounds through the Sporting since 2016.

Browning shotguns fit me very well, so I haven't needed the adjustability of the unsingle, but glad I have the ability just in case.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have an XT top single and love it. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one but will probably be easier to find a 725 since they are still making them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just picked up a LNIB 725 Trap 32" today from Karl McKnight. I shot an XT combo last month and that gun very much impressed me. Karl took the 725 in on consignment. It was just like the XT but with a better trigger pull. We'll see if my gun develops trigger or firing pin problems. I bought it as a back-up to the FrankenRazzi.

·
Registered
857 Posts
IMO, the 725 is a much better engineered Trap gun. Better triggers, better balance. You can really appreciate it if you are thinking about a 32”.
The XT is front heavy compared to the 725, almost to the point of clumsy.
Only thing I dislike is the factory choke tubes that come with the 725. Seems like everyone replaces them with Briley or something else.
The new price on the 725’s nears $3000, and if you add another $1-2000 you can upgrade to a used Perazzi or another top end gun. Not to say that the 725 is a subpar gun though. Probably the best bang for your money overall.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I own and shoot both guns . I have a Guns Unlimited 725 Combo . Bought it at the Grand . Had a fitted stock from wenig . and a Soft Touch installed a year later . I had trigger issues with this gun . When shooting doubles , it would not fire the second shot . Had other people shoot it and it did the same for them . Took it to the grand and explained my problem to the gunsmiths at Browning . The said they fixed my problem . And it would never happen again . They were correct, not a single misfire shooting doubles . I had Guns Unlimited Loctite my unsingle rib at 70/30 . It has never moved .I have read on this forum that that is an issue with this gun . I also have a Browning XT. It shoots fine . I also have a brand new in the box XT 32 inch . I had a soft touch put in it this winter . But I may or may not shoot it . I may sell it . Because I have a New perazzi combo on order . But if I can't shoot the Perazzi . I will go back to my browning's . For the money you cannot beat a Browning .

·
Registered
884 Posts
I misss my XT, sold it during the divorce..sure do miss that gun. Rule #1 that I learned the hard way. Don’t sell your guns. I have been on the fence with purchasing another trapgun lately and I really liked the XT with the silver nitride finish which one can’t get but I like the 725 but not to keen on hearing people have had issues.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I kind of prefer the older Invector Plus chokes in the XT. They're cheaper and there's a ton of them out there. The threads are at the bottom of the choke where they belong and they're shorter so it's easier to clean the inside of the barrel where they mate up with the bore. Plus you don't need a wrench if you have the extended variety. The 725 Invector DS chokes with the brass ring stay tight but you need a wrench to install/remove.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Surely there is a XT in 34” unsingle out there somewhere for sale...... Guys dig way back in the gunsafe and get it out . I would be interested in a Browning BT-100

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a 725 trap . One of the firing pins chipped. But it was very easy to replace and after cleaning the firing pin channel in the receiver, I have not had a problem since. No problems with the and shot, and I shoot 7/8 loads . The gun handles beautifully. I have let a lot of people shoot it and most do better with it than their own guns. The XT is a solid gun too.

whatever feels best to you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My teammate just ordered a new 725 combo & he’s thinking of selling his 32” xt Monte Carlo which is supposed to be mint etc. not sure what he’s looking for it but it’s the first time he’s ever sold anything ! I’ve seen it but never saw him shoot it ! He has a 725 trap, 725 Unsingle and now a new combo coming. I’ll find out or might buy it myself LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts