Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to send my forearm in to be repaired and it looks like I may be without it for a month or so. I was just wondering if any of you may know where I could buy a complete forearm for my XT to use as a replacement while my other one is away being repaired. I don't want to be without my gun during trap season so I am hoping to find one to use even if it doesn't match my gun while mine is away. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have one for the 2 hole forearm iron. Bought it new from midwest for 85 bucks never been on the gun. I can get you some pics if interested and we can work out a deal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one for the 2 hole forearm iron. Bought it new from midwest for 85 bucks never been on the gun. I can get you some pics if interested and we can work out a deal
Is yours just the bare forearm or do you have all the metal hardware as well? I did end up buying a different forearm from Midwest so I guess technically I just need all the hardware for it. I am sure I can get all the stuff I need to put something together but was hoping for a cheaper alternative than buying piece by piece.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The sad story of the poorly designed XT forend. The wood on the back of the forend is too thin particularly if it's a figured grain and it breaks easily.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah exactly what happened to mine. Broke the back corner off on mine. I just went on midwest gun works and kind of priced out the parts that I will need to put together a second forearm and the price adds up in a hurry. I may have to rethink this plan and either wait until after trap season is over or just go without until the repair is being done.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Putting a complete forearm together costs about $500 or so, depending on where you get the parts. pretty expensive to do as I have done it. I thing you made a wise decision to wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts