Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time getting my sights lined up on a newer XT. Gun does not have an adjustable comb or buttplate. I am 6'3", when I shoulder the gun, only the bottom of the recoil pad is touching my shoulder. Should I consider a graco buttplate, what options do I have?

·
Registered
593 Posts
If/ when you get a pad adjuster installed you might consider having an adjustable comb installed. It increases resale value and may allow you to better fit the gun to yourself. Browning shotguns last a lifetime so it's possible one of your children might end up adjusting the comb to fit them years down the road. JMHO

·
Registered
767 Posts
Had a Gracoil system installed on my 30” XT
(The older silver sided model) by Tom Hostetler at the NJ State Shoot five years ago.
He did a fantastic job and I couldn’t be happier with it.
I’ve had the Gracoil system in many of my shotguns. I like the design and ease of use.
You can send your gun to Graco if you don’t want to use a local gunsmith too. Reasonably priced too

·
Registered
335 Posts
They arent "sights" but it sounds like it is a pitch problem also. If you have another gun that fits you take the measurements off of that and get the XT to match it.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
They arent "sights" but it sounds like it is a pitch problem also. If you have another gun that fits you take the measurements off of that and get the XT to match it.
I just purchased a CXT and it had no pitch. You could set the pad flat on the floor and the rib was flat against the wall. I had a adjustable but pad installed and had 4˚ of pitch cut in. I also had an adjustable comb cut in. Fits like a glove now.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Wow, thank God I don't know as much as the rest of you guys. OP go and see if your length of pull is correct before you do anything. New gun, 6'3 . Joe

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
3rd vote for SPS, had on on my MX2000 for a couple years absolutely no trouble at, installed myself very easy temples included, no fuss, slim design and light. Would not hesitate to purchase another, under $200 for the complete package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts