Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20151205_214422554.jpg
IMG_20151205_214505390.jpg
IMG_20151205_214524799.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Using my Browning XS Skeet today for harvesting surplus Pheasants I had problems. From the photograph you can see when cocked the sear doesn't engage the hammer. In one photo you see it does engage, but this only happened when I pushed on the hammers.
I was shooting 1 1/8 oz. of #5's at about 1450fps. Earlier in the morning I tried to shoot top barrel first and it doubled ( that will wake you up with these AT&T loads). It worked fine using bottom first, then it gave up the ghost and neither barrel worked.
Anybody had a similar situation?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
One word....Phillip......send the gun to Phillip in Emory Texas.. It will return fixed. Probably in less than 2 weeks. 210 313 5988. .......merlyn

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
Doc Becknell, Rex could tell you if something is broken, not sure if he would be willing to look at it or not, I see nothing from the pictures, I know on the Perazzi the cocking lever can wear, not sure on a Browning trigger.
BTW, you have to shoot a release for live birds or just want to?

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doc Becknell, Rex could tell you if something is broken, not sure if he would be willing to look at it or not, I see nothing from the pictures, I know on the Perazzi the cocking lever can wear, not sure on a Browning trigger.
BTW, you have to shoot a release for live birds or just want to?
I cannot pull trigger on any shotgun . Bill says I am too ugly to watch while shooting a pull trigger

·
Registered
678 Posts
I worked on a release Browning once that wouldn't quite cock and it had a bend in the cocking lever. Forward portion that contacts the forearm extension was bent upwards. I straightened it (surprisingly soft) and all was well.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Just wondering; do you set the trigger at the flush then release or do you walk in behind the dog and set the trigger awaiting the flush ? I 'm just curious how you hunt with a release trigger. Not accusing you of being unsafe.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was a released bird shoot. However, I have hunted with a release, certainly not ideal. I have to be cognizant of my location and companions and set my self only to take shots that are in certain areas. I set my release after birds come up and I pass any shot that I feel that are not completely safe. I only shoot doves and released birds which are shot form set locations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts