Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the odds of finding a 12ga unsingle barrel for a Browning XT trap gun???????

I want one!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
You'll have a 100% chance of getting one if you buy one from GU. Of course that would be with the rest of the gun.

Other than that it drops down to about 0.00001%.

I put the one in there because there just might be a very small chance you might come across one.

Reactions: swatman201

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have a 100% chance of getting one if you buy one from GU. Of course that would be with the rest of the gun.

Other than that it drops down to about 0.00001%.

I put the one in there because there just might be a very small chance you might come across one.
I am new here, what is GU?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was looking for one a while back as well but was told unless the gun was originally made as a combo it will not work. I wanted to pick up the barrel for my O/U XT but Browning said no-go... Anyone know the reason? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but am no expert by any stretch...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I tried to buy a XT combo from Guns Unlimited, but those combos are no longer available new (used show up on occasion). I ended up buying the 725 combo in its place.

Reactions: swatman201

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I was looking for one a while back as well but was told unless the gun was originally made as a combo it will not work. I wanted to pick up the barrel for my O/U XT but Browning said no-go... Anyone know the reason? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but am no expert by any stretch...
I don't see why it wouldn't work with professional fitting being done. Most guns require a barrel be fitted to the receiver. Aside from that, as long as the receiver has an upper and lower firing pin, the receiver wouldn't know the difference between an Unsingle barrel or an O/U barrel.

·
Registered
366 Posts
A qualified smith could certainly fit an unsingle barrel to your receiver, if you could find one (they are rare and expensive when they do come up)

I have heard in the past that the XT combo gun ribs are higher than standard XTs... That would make forming a combo impractical if it is true as you may need to adjust the comb when you swap barrels.

You'd be further ahead to deal your existing gun (or keep it) and buy a factory combo.

Any cash you lose on the transaction would be (at least partially) offset by not paying gunsmith labour to fit the barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts