Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,660 Posts
What would be better stock adjustable comb or aftermarket?
In many cases aftermarket is better. Monte Carlo with Tronspace gunworks cut and install his hardware is better, in most folks opinion, than is Browning stock and. comb.

The only folks that disagree will be of the opinion some other gunsmith is better, not that Browning is inferior to aftermarket.

Reactions: Tron

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just recently bought a new one, and I will be calling Tron soon to have an adjustable comb put on it.
Mike B

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am sure you will hear that stock is best, but that is for resale value. I found that the best of both worlds are to go
stock, then get a custom. best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Tron's hardware is much better than Browning's. The way Browning made the clamps to tighten up/down, left/right with the same bolt does not work very well, it always came loose no mater how tight I got mine. I have had Joe (Tron) do 4 stocks of mine and he always does a better job than you can buy from the factory. He also has fast turn-around time. Great guy to work with. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Speaking from mistakes that I have already made, I would first take the time to seek out BT's that have a monte carlo and an adjustable comb to see what you really feel comfortable with and if at all possible, shoot both of them. To spare you the long drawn out mistakes I've made. believe me, make the comparison!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm with the school of thought that says to 'make the gun fit you and not adjust to fit the gun'. However, since there are an infinate amount of adjustments you can perform with an adjustable stock, it could take you literally years to dial your gun in correctly. Believe me, I know. Just ask anyone who known me.
Lowering/raising the rib compounds the adjustment of the heel height, lowering/raising the comb compounds everything then again but once you have all the adjustments corrected, you now have a custom gun. I wouldn't have it any other way

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't forget, if you gun is too high and adjustable comb will only allow you to make it higher if you don't remove some wood in the process to allow you to get it to go lower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts