Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my buddy's 725, cracked through the grip last month. Browning told him to send it in, who knows WHAT they will do, and HOW LONG it will take them to do it.
20180516_175401.jpg
20180516_175244.jpg

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Had a minor crack in the fore end of a new XT - sent it to Browning and it took 4 1/2 months to get it back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
WOW!
that's a good one.
There are a few shops around that could repair instead of dealing with the 1/2 year wait time for Browning.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few shops around that could repair instead of dealing with the 1/2 year wait time for Browning.
I sent these pics to a guy who has done some stock work for me, and he said that even if it could be repaired, it wouldn't be cost effective on a this gun.....to go ahead and look for a new stock.

My buddy finished the shoot borrowing a K-80 Pro-Skeet, so now he has been looking at them!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
i know a guy that had grade 6 in 20 and 12ga, they both had tang cracked [not as bad as this one,but cracked nevertheless] with less than 2k in each of them.
he paid browning to restock them both,and they both cracked again at about the same round count.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have heard about a rash of 725 cracking in/around grip due to loose bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. My brother in law had one that he had 2 boxes though and he noticed the crack.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My buddy got an e-mail from Browning today saying estimated completion time is around Sept 20th. I bet that's just wishful thinking!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have heard about a rash of 725 cracking in/around grip due to loose bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. My brother in law had one that he had 2 boxes though and he noticed the crack.
I just put an order in on a 725 combo. Ill have my stock fitter check that out before I go out to pattern. Thanks for the heads up .

·
Registered
34 Posts
That seems to be a problem with the later Citori models. I think that the stocks are not properly fitted to the frames. I have repaired a couple of them by gluing them with Acraglas and relieving the contact areas and glass bedding them after gluing them back together. So far no repeat failures.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
JohnHenry, how long had your buddy been shooting that before he finally decided to stop? The reason I ask that is, the crack on the right side looks like it has been Hammered from recoil more than just one time?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JohnHenry, how long had your buddy been shooting that before he finally decided to stop? The reason I ask that is, the crack on the right side looks like it has been Hammered from recoil more than just one time?
No, not even. It happened during a registered skeet tournament, and when it happened, he finished the event with another guy on the squads gun. Then he borrowed a K-80 for the remainder of the tournament.

He did not continue shooting it after it cracked.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I just wondered. It's just that, the pictured crack looks worn as if it had been shot a few more times. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
John, advise your friend to get his back up gun ready and send the stock back to Browning. That stock is beyond repair and is still being manufactured. The idea of doing anything other than to replace it with new is ridiculous, and unacceptable. Joe

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John, advise your friend to get his back up gun ready and send the stock back to Browning. That stock is beyond repair and is still being manufactured. The idea of doing anything other than to replace it with new is ridiculous, and unacceptable. Joe
Yes, Browning has the gun, and it is expected to be back mid September....so maybe by Christmas!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I understand exactly, great customer service Browning has and always had. I have dealt with them on several occasions on stock replacement issues. They are not on the top of my list.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts