Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 German Shorthairs that are coming along pretty great! I am trying to get my daughter, daughters in law involved in shooting pen raised pheasant and chukar over my dogs. Basically soft kill birds!
Last season daughter shot her first chukar, daughter in law has more experience.
Hoping to buy the girls a loaner gun, low recoil, .
Jakes have 2 of these, 20 ga 26" bbl walnut stocked units, Daughter says she will NOT shoot a black plastic gun!
Who has experience of these in relation to recoil? My not knowing Browning offered a gas operated I been waiting and watching for a similar 1100. but no luck!
thanks
DaveB

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,596 Posts
I have an SX3 in 20ga with a 28" barrel. They are the same guts as a silver but in a different exterior package. Browning owns and makes Winchester guns as we all know. It is extremely soft shooting especially with 3/4 or 7/8 oz upland loads. With target loads it's like shooting a 410. With waterfowl loads there is a bit of noticeable recoil but nowhere near a 12ga. My wife shoots a Beretta A400 Xplore in 20ga with a 26" barrel. It is a full pound lighter than my SX3 and quite a bit more lively with more felt recoil and muzzle jump. I have to say I much prefer my SX3 to her A400 both in handling characteristics and felt recoil. Hers feels like a true lightweight 20ga where mine feels like a heavy 4:10. I'm 100% with your daughter, plastic is for tupperware! I've also owned a Silver in MODB 3.5" and it was extremely reliable. As I said the SX3 and the Silver are the same gun internally so you can't go wrong. Read my thread SX3-Ultimate Torture Test to get an idea how well these guns work. I'll take one over any 1100 I ever owned any time!!
Wood Grass Automotive exterior Bumper Hardwood
Sky Cloud Plant Land lot Grass

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.