Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Four months to repair a tiny crack in the forearm of a new XT.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Four months turn-around on a new Bt 99. Came back looking like it had been dragged behind a truck on the way to the range for test firing. Fourteen dings in a new gun. Another 4 month turn-around to repair.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Midwest Gun Works, maybe?

·
Thorn in your side
8,115 Posts
I called a couple weeks ago about doing a service on my Cynergy. They told me several weeks turn around. That's with me delivering it to them and picking it up, no shipping involved.

No way I will do without my gun that long at the height of trap season. Another friend told me they had his for several months a couple years ago for warranty repairs.

Nothing there sounds promising at all. I can't find anyone to work on my Cynergy. I tried several places.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Art's would be my first choice. All the one's mentioned are well qualified to do whatever work you need performed.

Browning's lack of customer care is an example how old established companies let the new guy in the market almost ushering them in (read Guerini) and take their business away a tick at a time. Old company old thinking won't keep you competitive in todays world. Competitive isn't just about price as people are finding when they need service.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Midwest Gun Works is a factory authorized service center for Browning and just down the road from Arnold. Do great work and get your firearm back to you in a timely manner. Art's is also good but not a factory authorized service center.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sent a rifle there (Browning Factory service center in Arnold Mo.)back in Nov. 2014. 10 days later it was back with a great repair. Maybe all the problems reported are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
22,741 Posts
Art's would be my first choice. All the one's mentioned are well qualified to do whatever work you need performed.

Browning's lack of customer care is an example how old established companies let the new guy in the market almost ushering them in (read Guerini) and take their business away a tick at a time. Old company old thinking won't keep you competitive in todays world. Competitive isn't just about price as people are finding when they need service.

Surfer

You mean like this:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/foghorn/colt-teetering-brink-bankrupcy/

Colt bought into the P.C. anti-gun rhetoric and stopped innovating for a bunch of years. Stopped putting out 1911's after Beretta won the 9mm M9xx military contract . Lost the contract for M 4 and M 16 military. Now they are paying the price of their indolence.

Don T

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It will be great if Brownig woke up and got the message regarding customer care and how they are a Sales & Service company first who just happens to manufacture what they sell & kinda service.

Guerini understands perfectly what it takes to be a market leader with their well defined marketing and advertising program supported with great products, a strong sales team to place them. This tied to above avarage customer care makes them todays market leader in clay target sports. They should be the target other gun companies should be shooting for. Old companies are diseased with old thinking becuase they're afraid to breath fresh air so they will ultimately die suffocating themselves with old thoughts.

Surfer

·
Thorn in your side
8,115 Posts
Sent a rifle there (Browning Factory service center in Arnold Mo.)back in Nov. 2014. 10 days later it was back with a great repair. Maybe all the problems reported are a thing of the past.
I called 2 weeks ago. That is the past I guess technically.

·
Thorn in your side
8,115 Posts
Art's Gun Shop in Hillsboro Mo.He is a retired Browning employee from Arnold Mo.He is a good Brownng Gunsmith.

Midwest Gun Works is a factory authorized service center for Browning and just down the road from Arnold. Do great work and get your firearm back to you in a timely manner. Art's is also good but not a factory authorized service center.
Not sure if these were directed at me or the OP, but I called Art's, and a couple other places as well. Browning will NOT send parts to anyone, Browning dealer or not for the Cynergy. It MUST go back to Browning only to be worked on or to get parts replaced.

Just letting everyone know that if you have a Cynergy, you are pretty well screwed on getting it worked on. If someone knows something different, I would love to hear it. PM me if you would like. I really want to get my firing pins and springs replaced.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I just had an experience with the Browning Service center on a shotgun less than 6 months old.

It was not a pleasant experience. they refused to accept responsibility for poor materials and workmanship.

Will not use them again, and a way better than average chance I will not be buying any more brand new brownings. and a better than average chance very few used ones and I generally have really liked my 525's...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts