Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a butt stock for my browning auto 22 grade 1 gun it has the hole in side of stock to load gut it is tubular fed.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
The browning collectors club could help you out BUT there are a number of different variations over the years. If it a Jap model, then it may not have changed any. But the Belgium models definitely changed several times and some will not fit. The older model ones had a bolt hole just behind the pistol grip that bolted the stock to the receiver. The later models and the Jap models did not. Also on the earlier models the shell tube in the stock was different as was the butt plate. The shell tube changed several times (3 or 4) over the years and the whole in the end of the stock was different for each one.

If you were able to go to the Tulsa Oklahoma gun show that they have in April or November, you could definitely pick one up there since there is a big Browning Collectors show. There are some books that display the differences in the shell tube, butt plate and the stock bolts. Homer Tyler published one of the books that listed all the variations and pictures. His son Jeff used to be part of the browning collectors club but may not be associated with that anymore.

I have had numerous ones of these. Hopefully you are just wanting a relatively new one.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Western Gun Parts, Edmonton, Alberta (westergunparts.com) has a large stock inventory, including Browning wood.

Ron Burr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts